The Jewish Federation of Madison seeks a part-time to full-time Israel Desk Coordinator. This position is primarily in-person, with the option to work partially remotely.
The ideal Israel Desk Coordinator will be someone with the following qualities and background:
- A deep commitment both to Israel and to fostering strong relations between our local Jewish community and our overseas partners
- Hebrew speaker with a background in teaching
- Solid experience in programming for all age groups
- A highly organized and creative thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Calendar, Teams, etc.)
- Familiarity with Google products
Reporting to the Jewish Federation of Madison Executive Director, the Israel Desk Coordinator will create a listing of all Israel travel and volunteer opportunities for community members of all ages, and market those programs. The coordinator will be in charge of all annual Israel-related communal events, including Yom HaAtzmaut celebration, Yom HaZikaron commemoration, etc. The coordinator will create an Israel presence for the Jewish Federation of Madison, our programs Gan HaYeled Preschool, Midrasha, and Camp Shalom, and work with community partners, Chabad at UW, Jewish Social Services of Madison, and local synagogues, to facilitate strong outreach programming as time allows. The coordinator will serve as a resource for current events and issues related to Israel.
This salary for this position is based on a full-time salary of $45,000, depending on experience and hours.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to Alan Klugman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Jewish Federation of Madison:
To inspire, build, and sustain vibrant Jewish life by fostering diverse opportunities to connect at every age and mobilizing our community in common purpose, in Madison, Israel, and around the world.
A flourishing, engaged, inclusive Jewish community in a thriving world - today and always.
- KLAL YISRAEL | the collective unity of the Jewish people
- TZEDAKAH | the obligation to care for those in need
- TIKKUN OLAM | the repairing of the world
- TORAH | the commitment to lifelong Jewish learning
- ENGAGING with Jewish life and each other
- CARING for the vulnerable
- CONNECTING with Israel and the Jewish people worldwide
- BUILDING and strengthening communal networks and security