The Programming/Camp Shalom Director is responsible for the managing and oversight of all aspects of Camp Shalom's year-round operations, including program development and implementation, marketing and recruitment, facility, pool, and overseeing all day camp programs including the hiring, supervision, guidance, and direction of day camp staff, site management; long-range strategic planning, financial management. The Director is also responsible for creating/expanding social programming at the Goodman Jewish Community Campus, including supervising the Goodman Jewish Community Campus Caretaker and Goodman Aquatic Center Pool Manager. The Programming/Camp Shalom Director is the professional responsible for the Camp Shalom Committee. The Director reports to the Jewish Federation of Madison Executive Director.
Camp Shalom is located at the Goodman Jewish Community Campus at 7762 County Route PD in Verona.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises staff, including counselors, counselors in training, specialists, and support personnel for summer camp sessions and school break camps.
- Develops an onboarding and training program for counselors and specialists in multiple areas, including camp policies and procedures, strategies for working effectively with children, and general and Judaic programming.
- Oversees staff performance assessments.
Camper Recruitment and Retention
- Develops and implements a year-round strategy to ensure successful recruitment and retention of campers in a competitive market.
- Provides year-round communication with campers and camp families to promote camper retention and recruitment.
- Creates and manages all aspects of camper registration, including registration forms and policies set up, camper admission, and scholarship distribution coordination.
- Manages the database to ensure the organization of camper, staff, and family information.
- Develops and implements a strategic plan that will ensure the camp's continued and long-term success, including the expansion of winter and spring camp options.
- Ensures development and implementation of innovative and meaningful programming for all areas of the camping experience including sports, recreation, and the arts.
- Implements year-round programming for campers, parents, and families, which will encourage commitment to the camping experience.
- Maintains records in accordance with ACA accreditation and our funding sources.
- Creates and supervises programming at Goodman Jewish Community Campus aimed at attracting young families and local youth.
- Develops and administers budget for Goodman Jewish Community Campus and Camp Shalom. Monitors revenues and expenses to ensure the achievement of financial goals.
- Manages corporate and individual fundraising campaigns and recognition for Camp Shalom Scholarship Fund.
- Assists in the development of grant requests for children, families and camp projects. Helps identify and seek out additional sources of program funding.
- Extensive experience as a Day Camp Director
- BA or BS in Education, Recreation, or related area preferred
- 4+ years of successful experience in supervision and administration
- 4+ years of experience working with children
- Strong leadership, organization, and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Knowledge of Jewish history, religion, and culture (preferred)
- Experience leading Israel themed curriculum (preferred)
Send a cover letter and resume to Alan Klugman, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.