Pool Policies & General Information
- We accept credit cards, debit cards, cash, and checks. An additional processing fee will be added on to purchases made at the pool using a credit or debit card.
- The cost of admission for an adult (age 16 and older) is $5
- The cost of admission for adult seniors is $4
- The cost of admission for a child (age 15 - 2) is $4
- The cost of admission for an infant (under 2 years) is FREE
See Membership Fees >
Food & Beverages
- There is a concession stand on site that sells hot dogs, various snack foods, frozen treats, and beverages. All items are Kosher with the exception of the dipping cheese for pretzels and nachos.
- You may bring your own food and beverage (including alcohol) but there are NO GLASS CONTAINERS OF ANY TYPE permitted.
- There is no eating or drinking allowed IN the pool at any time.
Infants & Children
- Children age 15 and younger must pass “the deep end test” one time each summer to swim in the deep end.
- Infants/children who are not potty trained MUST wear a swim diaper AND swimsuit of some kind. The i-diaper is acceptable.
- We sell swim diapers at the pool for $3.00
- Please DO NOT change your baby’s diaper anywhere on the pool deck. This is a violation of the city health code.
- There are diaper changing stations in all restrooms/locker rooms
- Children must be at least 12-years of age or older and able to swim in order to be dropped off, unsupervised, at the pool.
- No “floaties” or “water wings” are allowed for younger swimmers. Puddle jumpers and/or Coast Guard approved life vests are permitted and encouraged to be brought.
- We do rent puddles jumpers and/or Coast Guard approved life vests ($5 deposit; $2 back upon return).
- You may bring your own pool “noodle”. We also rent them ($3 deposit; $1 back upon return).
Pool Safety & Clearing
- There is a safety break every hour on the hour for 15 minutes when attendance warrants. This break is essential for our lifeguards to stretch and re-focus allowing them to provide the best safety for all of our swimmers. This is a great time to get a snack, have your child go to the bathroom, drink some water and re-apply that sunscreen. The last one of the day is at 6:00 pm. Kids are asked to clear the pool during this time. Those 18-years and over may swim during this time. There is a lifeguard on deck.
- The pool clears at 7:45 pm so the facility can close at 8:00 pm.
- Lifeguards will be on duty as required by code.
Restrooms & Locker Rooms
- We offer a family restroom (with changing table), a woman’s locker room, and a men’s locker room. All are handicap accessible, have diaper changing stations, and have showers.
- Children over the age of 6-years must use age-appropriate locker rooms.
- The lockers do not have locks on them. You may bring your own combination lock should you choose.
- There is NO SMOKING or use of e-cigarettes/vaping anywhere on the campus grounds.
- Pets are only allowed on the walking trails. Please do not allow them to run on the upper fields at any time.
- No firearms are allowed on the Goodman Jewish Community Campus or at the Goodman Aquatic Center.
- You may bring in your own lawn/beach chair for our grassy areas and are encouraged to do so on very hot days as we do run out of chairs.
- We do not have a diving board or slide, however, we do have zero depth entry with a mushroom waterfall and geysers in the shallow end.
Birthday Parties & Events
You may “reserve space” for a birthday party, end of the year school party, retirement party, etc...
See More Details & Submit Pool Party Request >
Jewish Federation of Madison reserves the right to close the Goodman Aquatic Center at any time and for any reason including but not limited to inclement weather, to accommodate groups or private events, low attendance, or other unforeseen reason.
Pool Updates & Announcements
Follow us on the Goodman Aquatic Center Facebook page for the latest information on pool closings and any other important information you may need to know.