Join us for a virtual moderated conversation followed by a Q&A with Bari Weiss on the topic of Cancel Culture Through A Jewish Lens.
Bari Weiss is an award-winning opinion writer, editor, political commentator, and author of How To Fight Anti-Semitism, published by Crown in September 2019.
From 2017 to 2020, Bari was an opinion writer and editor at The New York Times. Vanity Fair called her the paper’s “star opinion writer.” Before joining The Times, Bari was an opinion editor and an associate book review editor at The Wall Street Journal. Previously, Bari was a senior editor at Tablet, the online magazine of Jewish news, politics, and culture, where she edited the site's political and news coverage.
Through her columns and speeches, Bari has changed the way we think about important issues, including #MeToo, freedom of speech, and our common culture. Bari is a regular commentator on television and radio, most especially on HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher.
In July 2018, Bari was awarded the Bastiat Journalism Prize for what the judges called “her brilliant, incisive journalism that defends the cornerstone of individual liberty and civil society: freedom of speech.”
Photo credit: Sam Bloom
Recent articles and clips:
This event is sponsored by the Jewish Federation of Madison's Community Relations Committee (CRC) and brought to you through a consortium of the following participating organizations from across the country:
- B’nai Torah of Boca Raton, FL
- Har Sinai/Oheb Shalom Congregation, Baltimore, MD
- Hollis Hills Bayside Jewish Center, Queens, NY
- Jewish Federation of Madison, WI
- Jewish Federation of Reading/Berks, PA
- Merrick Jewish Centre, Merrick, NY
- Temple Dor Dorim, Weston, FL
- Temple Israel of West Palm Beach, FL
- West Suburban Temple Har Zion, River Forest, IL
- Yashar: The Institute for Jewish Activism, Evanston, IL