Living at a Time of Uncertainty: Intersections of Judaism, Medicine & Quarantine
Celebrate Shavuot and reflect on Jewish wisdom in the midst of a pandemic in a community gathering on Zoom.
- 6:00 pm Shavuot Service (including Yizkor)
Lead by Rabbi Renee Bauer, Rabbi Jonathan Biatch, Alan Klugman, Cantor Jacob Niemi, Rabbi Andrea Steinberger, Rabbi Laurie Zimmerman.
For Prayer Flipbook >
(then click on the "Mishkan T’filah for Weekdays, Shabbat, and Festivals" image)
- 6:45 pm Schmooze/Break
- 7:00 pm Panel entitled “Jewish Resilience in Difficult Times”, moderated by Rabbi Andrea Steinberger. Our presenters will be Rabbi Jonathan Biatch, Rabbi Laurie Zimmerman, Rabbi Renee Bauer, and Cantor Jacob Niemi.
- 8:00 pm Four community physicians -- Dr. Ken Felz, Dr. Jeff Marcus, Dr. Allison Miller, Dr. Michael Traktman -- will share their personal reflections of serving patients affected by COVID-19. Panel will be moderated by Rabbi Laurie Zimmerman.
- 9:00 pm Reflections from two elders, Hilde Adler and Judith Heilizer, and two young people, Alex Kushner and Simon Rosenblum-Larson, on their experiences navigating quarantine. Panel will be moderated by Rabbi Jonathan Biatch.
- 9:45 pm (approx.) Program close with song, lead by Cantor Jacob Niemi.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Please Note: Portions of this program will be streaming to Facebook Live. If you are attending this event on Zoom, there is the possibility that your video image and participation will be displayed on Facebook Live. You can choose to turn off your video and modify your display screen name in Zoom or watch from Facebook if you are not comfortable with this.
This Community Event is Co-Sponsored by Congregation Shaarei Shamayim, Temple Beth El, UW Hillel, and Jewish Federation of Madison