Family Fridays Shabbat at Temple Beth El helps families to celebrate Shabbat! Come and enjoy songs, stories, and more in a welcoming, joyful community setting the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month from 5:45 pm to 7:00 pm. Everyone is welcome! Come for all or part of the evening.
On the 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month the schedule is as follows:
- 5:45 pm Family Fridays Shabbat activities for kids
- 6:00 pm Family Fridays Shabbat Service with songs & stories
- 6:30 pm Informal family dinnertime - We encourage you to bring dinner for your family as we do set up tables so everyone can enjoy dinner together. We love seeing the kids play together while the adults schmooze and eat. You may not bring pork or shellfish into Temple Beth El.
- 7:15 pm Shabbat greeting and gathering before the evening service
- 7:30 pm Shabbat evening service. The Family Fridays Shabbat service is led by Rabbi Jonathan Biatch and Cantor Sharon Brown-Levy. Some weeks are lead by our Director of Lifelong Learning Nicole Jahr.
- 8:45 pm Oneg Shabbat following the service
We encourage you to come for all or part of the evening – Shabbat Starts Here!
For more information, visit us at http://www.templebethelmadison.org/family-fridays-shabbat