Kick off summer with our annual community celebration with fun for all ages!
Register, purchase lunch & sign up for Mahjong >
Rain or Shine. If there is inclement weather, the Hava Nagila Jewish Community Picnic will take place indoors in the Minkoff Center at the Goodman Jewish Community Campus.
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
Hava Nagila Jewish Community Picnic opens, and the fun begins! See further down for the list of activities happening from 11:30 am - 2:30 pm.
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm
Welcome and “Campfire” Sing-A-Long
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Pizza and Kosher Option Lunch for Sale (while supplies last; pre-purchase with registration recommended). If you prefer, bring your own picnic lunch to enjoy on the campus grounds.
- $5 for two slices of cheese pizza, a fruit, baby carrots, and one drink
- $3 for one slice of cheese pizza, a fruit, baby carrots, and one drink
- $3 for one drink, a fruit, and baby carrots
- $5 for a kosher/vegan boxed lunch with hummus, pretzels, a fruit, baby carrots, one drink, and one bag of kettle corn
~ Choose from regular and gluten-free options for cheese pizza from Glass Nickel during registration.
~ A variety of drinks will be available to select from at the event, including sparkling water, juice boxes, soda, and bottled water.
~ All food in the kosher option is prepackaged, vegan, and certified kosher.
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Shlichim Farewell booth - After two years in Madison, our Community Shlichim, Hanna and Oz, will be heading back to Israel. Stop by to say l’hitraot over iced tea, lemonade, and cake. Get your photo taken and write a message to be included in the keepsake Madison memories scrapbook for Hanna and Oz.
12:45 pm - 1:45 pm
Mahjong - Learn and play this fun and popular game
Sign up to play on the registration form. A 2023 card is required to play (bring your own (can be purchased online), or we can provide one).
11:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Free Open Swim at the Goodman Aquatic Center
- PJ Library Booth - get crafty and make a bookmark, read from a curated selection of books, and have the opportunity to sign up (if you're not already) for this new exciting program of the Jewish Federation of Madison
- Inflatable Obstacle Course
- Inflatable Derby Race
- Balloon Artists (12:00 pm - 2:00 pm)
- Maker Station - create using recyclables
- Lawn Games
- Bubbles and Sidewalk Chalk
- Hiking - pick up a map at the welcome table and explore the campus trails
- Indoor Chill Zone - with board games and puzzles
- Federation Facts & Fun Booth - Stop by to pick up a yummy frozen treat to cool off and meet staff, committee, and board members. Learn about the Jewish Federation of Madison’s work in the local and global community, our programs for all ages, and opportunities to volunteer and get involved. Test your Federation knowledge with a fun trivia game and then spin the wheel for prizes to take home.
- Schmooze with friends and meet some new ones
- Free Snacks and bottled water
Help make the fun happen by volunteering! Choose from a variety of shifts available in one-hour blocks throughout the event. Volunteers are needed for set up and take down, welcoming attendees, giving out food and beverages, overseeing activities, and taking photos.
Are you a Jewish Federation of Madison board or committee member? Volunteer at the Federation Facts and Fun booth ("JFM Board/Committee Rep" on volunteer sign-up).
See Details & Sign Up to Volunteer >
Important Traffic Note
There will be an event at the University Ridge Golf Course on the day of the picnic expecting a lot of people. In order to avoid the high-traffic corner of Country Road PD and M, please consider taking this alternate route: Take Mineral Point West to Timber Lane, turn left on Timber Lane, and then a left on PD. The Goodman Jewish Community Campus will be the first driveway you can turn into immediately on the left (look for the red barn).
If you can’t avoid taking Junction Road/M out to the Goodman Campus, you can try avoiding some of the traffic by turning right onto Midtown and then left onto Woods Road. Take a right when you get to PD, and then the campus will be approximately 1 mile on your right.
Trash to Treasures - Bring Your Recyclables
Do you have items to donate to the Maker Station? Drop off your clean recyclables (toilet paper and paper towel rolls, cardboard boxes, egg cartons) and unwanted party trinkets to the Maker Station during the Hava Nagila Jewish Community Picnic to be creatively transformed.