The first marathon runner wasn’t Greek. He was Jewish!
Mark your Calendar for Madison’s 1st Run2Gether Marathon Team (which includes 10 Visiting Israeli Marathon Runners)
Keep up to date by joining the Run2Gether Team Facebook Group
Runners may gather before and after the race at Lester Pines’ office (122 West Washington Ave). He has graciously volunteered his office for people to store their belongings during the race, and there will be snacks and beverages after the race. There are also showers for anyone who would like to use them.
Scheduled Community Run2Gether Events
Contact Daniel, email@example.com for more details about any of the events listed below please or if you are available to help us transport the runners during any of these times.
Thursday, November 5th
- 3:00 pm Walk through the zoo followed by coffee at ZuZu Café. Contact Daniel to find out where to meet the group.
- 7:00 pm Welcome the Israeli runners and see a presentation by them about Partnership2Gether and their running team at Beth Israel Center. See Details >
- 10:00 pm Night out and dueling pianos at the Ivory Room
Sunday, November 8th
- Cheer on the Runners
Full Marathon: Cheering sections will be near Mile 7 on Monroe Street near Knickerbocker Street (outside Bluephies and Collectivo Coffee) and near Burrows Park on Sherman Avenue near Burrows Road for Mile 13 and again for Mile 23. See Route Map >
Half Marathon: Cheering section will be by Burrows Park on Sherman Avenue near Burrows Road for Mile 3 and again for Mile 10. See Route Map >
Runners are expected to pass the cheering points:
Burrow Park - 7:45 am - 11:30 am
Monroe Street - 7:45 am - 8:30 am
Hot Drinks (Coffee and Tea) at both cheering points.
- 6:00 pm Celebrate with the runners at a local restaurant. Contact Daniel for details.
Tuesday, November 10th
- 1:00 pm Tour the Capitol and MMOCA
- 7:00 pm Tour and tasting at the Wisconsin Brewing Company in Verona. Did you know they just brewed a beer with Pabst and it is certified Kosher?!?
Wednesday, November 11th
- 10:00 am Nature walk through the Arboretum
- 1:30 pm Tour of local chocolate and cheese shops
We are looking for volunteers during the week that the Israeli runners are here, for things such as:
- Helping to drive them to events or sightseeing or shopping
- Helping prep and cleanup at the Community Event
- Helping or being in charge of one of the two designated cheering stations
- Helping to make signs and cheer at the race
Contact Dan Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Group Run #4 will be this Sunday Nov 1. We will meet at Temple Beth El between 9:45 am - 10:00 am. We'll run the 6 mile Arboretum loop, but people can run a shorter distance if they'd prefer.
PLUS, mark your calendars because we are planning to do a 4-6 mile group run with the Israeli runners on Friday November 6th most likely around lunch time. More details coming soon.