Join us for our first-ever Shabbat mini-retreat! We'll gather at the First Unitarian Society from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm. Come to all or part of the morning. We hope to do this four times a year. Let us know if you have ideas for our next one!
Can't come in person? Contact the office for information about attending via Zoom.
9:30 am - 10:00 am - Shabbat singing
Start off the morning all together with both familiar and new melodies. (Zoom option)
10:00 am - 10:50 am - Workshops
- Advanced Challah Braiding - Learn how to braid your challah into shapes for each Jewish holiday. (Beginners welcome!)
- Torah Study for Beginners - Ever wonder if Torah study is for you? We'll share context, explanation, and why it's a great way to spend a Saturday morning. (Zoom option)
- Shabbat Yoga - Bring your mat, wear comfortable clothes, and stretch your body.
10:50 am - 11:40 am - Workshops
- Current Events with a Jewish Twist - Join this discussion group to share ideas and learn new perspectives. Topic coming soon!
- Labyrinth Walk - We'll walk behind the Gaebler Living Room to FUS' labyrinth in the woods. This is a slow-paced meditative walk.
- Shabbat Service for Beginners - Participate in a Shabbat service with a little more explanation than usual. (Zoom option)
11:40 am - 12:15 pm - Torah reading and Shabbat singing
We'll have a short Torah reading with a twist and conclude the morning with a Blessing for Healing and Mourners Kaddish. (Zoom option)
12:15 pm - 1:00 pm - Kiddush and lunch
Bring a vegetarian side dish to share. We'll provide the coffee and bagels!
Sponsor: Congregation Shaarei Shamayim