Children and adults are invited to join us for a free program at the Goodman Jewish Community Campus to learn about and celebrate Chag HaSigd, a special holiday of Beta Israel, the Ethiopian Jewish community. We will split up into a kid's room and an adult's room.
Activities for children include:
• creating bookmarks with names in Amharit, the Ethiopian common language
• decorating Dabo, traditional Ethiopian bread
• dancing to Ethiopian music
• hearing the story of the Ethiopian Jewish community
Activities for adults include:
• learning the story of Chag HaSigd
• participating in the ceremony of making the Buna, Ethiopian coffee, while hearing the story of the family of Hanna's friend Ruth
• a gallery of posters with information from interviews of Ethiopian Jews from Israel
Registration required. Attendance is limited to 30 people.
Register Now >
All staff, volunteers, and attendees 12 years and above are required to be fully vaccinated. Everyone is required to wear a mask at all times, both indoors and outdoors. Please do not attend if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if you have been in contact with someone who is experiencing those symptoms.
Related Event November 2: Virtual Chag Sigd Gathering & Discussion. See Details >