A Special Celebration for Israel's 72nd Birthday hosted by Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA)!
On Wednesday, April 29th, our community will join together for an extraordinary virtual event celebrating Israel! You can watch the event two ways: on JFNA's Facebook page or on YouTube at https://youtu.be/LrNU5GhJkFY.
From 1 to 2 PM CST:
- Matisyahu sings a medley of “One Day” with voices from The Jewish Agency for Israel's Partnership2Gether communities and Jewish leaders from more than 30 countries, sharing a message of hope and celebration
- American TV and film star Joshua Malina shares how Israeli doctors and scientists are on the front lines of the battle against COVID-19 • The Brothers Platt — Ben, Henry and Jonah Platt — sing in honor of Israel’s celebration
- Chefs from around the world debate whether falafel is the quintessential Israeli food, and Adeena Sussman, author of the bestselling cookbook Sababa, teaches us how to make it
- יצחק (בוז'י) הרצוג - Isaac Herzog, the son of former Israeli President Chaim Herzog, z”l, tells a story about Israel’s War of Independence, then pays tribute to former Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion, z”l
- Exclusive footage of Israel’s official Independence Day ceremony on Mt. Herzl
- A finale where we will all sing Israel’s national anthem, "Hatikva," led by two celebrity female vocalists — Rita from Israel and Caissie Levy from Canada — and a group of Israeli and Diaspora Jewish musicians
Looking for more? We’re working on plenty of Yom Haatzmaut programming — all planned by top organizations from across North America and around the world. You can see more at www.jewishtogether.org/Yom-Haatzmaut-Events.
Stay informed! We'll be sharing more details and special announcements as we get closer to the date. Select "Going" above or sign up to have updates delivered straight to your email at www.jewishtogether.org/YomHaatzmaut. And of course, the event is absolutely FREE!
Get a head start on the celebration now by sharing your thoughts, wishes and favorite memories of Israel on social media using #JewishTogether, #CelebrateIsrael, and #Israel72. Make sure you invite your friends and family using the Facebook event's "Invite" function. And post photos or videos on hashtag #IsraelToMe!
Sponsor: Jewish Federation of North America