With great sadness, we write to inform you of the death on Monday of Sidney Goldstein, brother of Herman Goldstein. Sidney died the day after his 92nd birthday. In addition to Herman, Sidney is survived by his wife, Alice Goldstein, and his children Beth Goldstein (Rafi Finkel), David (Sarah) Goldstein, and Brenda Goldstein (David Shragai).
The funeral will be Wednesday afternoon in Lexington, Kentucky.
Herman will observe a full week of shiva in Madison.
Evening minyanim for Beth Israel Center will be at Herman's home (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for address), at 5:45 pm on Wednesday (Aug. 7), Thursday (Aug. 8) and Monday (Aug. 12). Those wishing to make a shiva call are invited to do so between the hours of 5:45 pm and 8:00 pm on these nights. Herman would appreciate assistance in making a morning minyan at Beth Israel at 7:00 am on Friday (Aug. 9) and Tuesday (Aug. 13) -- two additions to the weekday minyan schedule. Herman also hopes to say kaddish at the regularly scheduled morning minyan, Shabbat, and Tisha B'Av services at Beth Israel Center during the week of shiva.
Here is the full service schedule, beginning Wednesday evening:
- Wednesday evening, August 7 - 5:45 pm at Herman's home
- Thursday morning, August 8 - 7:00 am at Beth Israel Center
- Thursday evening, August 8 - 5:45 pm at Herman's home
- Friday morning, August 9 - 7:00 am at Beth Israel Center
- Shabbat: Friday evening, 5:45 pm at Hoyt Park; Saturday morning, 9:15 am at BIC
- Saturday night (Tisha B'Av), August 10 - 9:00 pm at Beth Israel Center
- Sunday (Tisha B'Av), August 11 - 8:15 am and 8:00 pm at Beth Israel Center
- Monday morning, August 12 - 7:00 am at Beth Israel Center
- Monday evening, August 12 - 5:45 pm at Herman's home
- Tuesday morning, August 13 - 7:00 am at Beth Israel Center
May Sidney's memory be for a blessing.