Hello all! Thank you for your patience as we arrange for the Goodman Aquatic Center to reopen. We are excited about its return and have been working to enact a reopening plan for the season. We are doing our very best to work with the parameters we have and to create the safest solutions for everyone. We are so excited to see everyone again this summer! Please see the list below for updates.
- Online Registration System - In Progress: We are building an online registration system for the pool within ActiveWorks (our camp registration system). This system will allow families and individuals to register and pay for pool membership, as well as reserve space to swim ahead of time. We will make a public announcement when this system is ready!
- Membership Only: The pool will be membership only this year (no day passes).
- Pool Capacity: The current CDC recommendation for our pool’s capacity is 150 guests, plus lifeguard staff.
- Swimming Schedule: We plan to be open on evenings during the summer after the camp day, as well as full days on weekends. Guests will need to sign up for blocks of swimming time through the registration system to access the pool. There is no additional fee for signing up, the only fee is the initial membership.
- Lap Swim: Lap swim will have its own designated times, and will not overlap with open swim. This is so that we can offer all lanes for lap swimming to accommodate up to 12 people at a time (2 swimmers per lane in accordance with CDC guidelines), and appropriately distance members while in the pool. We can best accommodate this by using the entire pool vs a section when up to two lap lanes are in. We realize designated times may not work for everyone and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
- Precautions: Registration for a swim block will automatically stop when capacity is reached. All individuals 5 years of age and older will be expected to distance and wear masks in the locker rooms and on the pool deck. All food available for purchase at the concessions stand will be prepackaged. Lifeguards will clean equipment and shared spaces between swimming blocks. Locker room and sanitizer will be available for hand cleanliness.
- Lifeguard Hiring - In Progress: If you or someone you know is interested in joining the lifeguard team this summer, please email a resume to Stefanie. Evening and weekend positions are open. See job post >
- Locker Room Updates - In Progress: We are updating the locker rooms! These updates are for increased safety and functionality, and we are excited to invest in these spaces. Updates include removing the old lockers and replacing the light fixtures. We will send out photos when the projects are completed! Please be aware that as the situation in our community changes, public health guidance may change, and policies and procedures may change accordingly.
We will make another announcement when the registration system is ready. This announcement will include membership fees, the projected opening date, and any changes to the updates outlined above.
Programming / Camp Shalom Director
Pool Manager, Goodman Aquatic Center